Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS TIKI OASIS?
Tiki Oasis 2020 will be a streamlined offering to allow for staying at the hotel while maintaining social distancing. Full details will be announced closer to August.
Tiki Oasis 2021 will continue our tradition of being the largest and longest-running Tiki gathering in the world. Tiki Oasis is a series of events over 5 nights and 4 days. Arrive Wednesday night for our “Meet & Mingle” at the Bali Hai featuring live music, cocktails and buffet. The restaurant does take dinner reservations. Thursday– Sunday partake in daytime events at our main hotel such as dj’s, tiki marketplace, educational seminars, art exhibit and sip fruity drinks while relaxing in one of our 5 pools! In the evening enjoy the main stage bands, full Luau dinner on Thursday night and a Midnight Burlesque show.
WHERE DOES TIKI OASIS TAKE PLACE?
Tiki Oasis takes place in San Diego, California. Wednesday will be at the historic Bali Hai restaurant (2230 Shelter Island Drive) and Thursday -Sunday at our main hotel
CAN I GET A TICKET REFUND?
Tiki Oasis 2020 Event Tickets have been rolled over to Tiki Oasis 2021. All tickets are non-refundable 30 days before the 2021 event.
IS THERE A WEAPONS POLICY AT TIKI OASIS?
Tiki Oasis is proud to be a safe environment where everyone can have a great time and feel safe at the same time. As per other large scale events, we have a no weapons policy. Please read this entire policy before attending Tiki Oasis.
The following items are forbidden at the Tiki Oasis event:
- Functional firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional real firearms)
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows and slingshots)
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, swords and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray) and Aerosol mustard
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku)
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns
Prop weapons will be allowed providing they are composed of cardboard, foam, wood, plastic or other light materials. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored orange caps. Security will be on hand to assess all props. Get creative with your costumes but just be smart and safe about it!